Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reindeer & Snowman Oreo Pops

When I was asked to help with my sons school Christmas party I was so excited. I knew exactly what I was going to make. I had seen a post for these on another blog and wanted to try them. They are simple to make just takes a little time while waiting for the chocolate to harden.
1. Take double stuffed Oreos and take the top off. Put a stick into the cream and put some melted chocolate over the stick to help it stay in place. Put the lid back on and give it time to dry.
2. Dip the Oreos in melted chocolate until covered. Put broken pretzels into the sides to look like antlers. I used white chocolate chips for eyes and red M&M's for the nose. Let dry.
3. Finish up by putting a dab of black writing icing as the pupil of the eye. Let dry.
For the snowmen I did the same thing for the stick. Once dry I dipped them in melted white chocolate and let dry.
I used black writing icing for the eyes and mouth and white frosting with yellow and red food coloring (to make orange) for the nose.
These were super yummy and got rave reviews. Can't wait to make them again for a different holiday.

No comments: