Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fourth of July Mantel

We are currently living in a rental home that has a fireplace with a decent sized mantel.  While I am not a huge fan of the look of the fireplace, I LOVE having a mantel to decorate.  My oldest son and I get very excited when it is time to change out the mantel decorations for a new holiday or season.  This is the mantel we came up with for the 4th of July.  I think it is one of my favorites so far.  Not too cluttered but enough to keep my interest.
 We went around the house and found everything red, white and blue or that had a star or flag theme.
 I also printed off a couple pictures and put them in frames.  Super easy and inexpensive.
 These are the items I found at a Thrift Store last week.  I haven't figured out what I want to do with them yet, so for now I have them sitting on my buffet.
 I made the USA letters and placed them on my new entry way mirror.  I will explain how I made the letters on Monday.
Hope you are having a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: