Monday, December 5, 2011

Ornament Frame

After Christmas last year I bought a bunch of ornaments on clearance.  I have had a lot of fun this Christmas coming up with fun ways to incorporate the ornaments in my decorating.  I saw an idea similar to this on Pinterest.  I didn't pin it so not sure where the idea came from...sorry.
 I started out with an old picture frame I found at a yard sale over the summer.  I primed and then spray painted it a flat black.  The ornaments I planned to use were shiny so I used flat paint so they wouldn't compete.
 I used the painted frame, 4 ornaments, white ribbon and an "A" I found in the Dollar Spot at Target.
 I dismantled the back of the frame and took out all the screws and moved them to the top.  If I had a staple gun (which is on my Christmas list) I would have stapled things on instead of using the screws.
 I cut the ribbon and played around with different lengths until I had it the way I wanted.
 I stuck the ribbon under the screws and then tightened them down, then cut off the extra ribbon.
It is now sitting on my mantle until I find where I want to hang it. 
This was an simple project that cost less then $2 to make.


Linked up to Ginger Snap Crafts!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute idea! I love the jewel colored ornaments! They are so festive!

Jennifer said...

Great project. Thanks for sharing!

Blissful & Domestic said...

I love this idea! So fun! I'd love for you to link this up to my Christmas Linky Carnival.
http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemade-in-december-link-carnival.html