Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Lately I have been struggling with meals.  It seems if I spend a lot of time in the kitchen making a more involved meal my boys will complain and not eat.  After a couple months of this, I have come to the conclusion that I need to stick with quick, simple, easy to eat meals.  My boys tend to eat them better and are much more excited about meal times.  One meal I make often is homemade pizza.  It is easy and well received.  When I came across this pizza puffs recipe here, I knew this would be a big hit.  It is so good I need to start making a double batch so we have some leftover.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
pinch of salt
pinch of red pepper flakes-optional
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cubed pepperoni
1/2 cup pizza sauce

1.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.  In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes.  Whisk in milk and egg.  Stir in the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.

2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini muffin cups.  Bake until puffed and golden, 20 - 25 minutes.

3.  Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through.  Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

No comments: